Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Motivation!

So I finally got a good ol' healthy dose of motivation to get my lazy self off the couch and pick back up on training for the half!  What got me going?

Sweat - Yep!  After sweating it out at the gym on Monday, I forgot how much I loved the feeling of being absolutely, disgustingly sweaty at the end of a good workout!  It felt so good on Monday that I just had to get more of it!  haha

Weather - For the first time in a month, it's not horribly hot and humid out!  It was a perfect 75 degrees with a touch of humidity this morning....at 10am!!!  Fabulous for an end of July run!

52 - The number of days until I have to conquer 13.1 miles!  Gah!  Yep!  That was a serious kick in the @$$!

T25 - I decided that I needed something more than running and that the gym just wasn't doing it for me like it used to.  Not a fan of the schedule and such.  So I broke down and bought the new P90x style DVD set called Focus T25.  It's a 25 minute work out that basically kicks your butt.  A trip to the gym?  15 minutes to get there, getting to a class 15 minutes early to get a spot, 1 hour class, 15 minutes home. Yep...we're talking an hour and 45 minutes.  This?  Less than a half hour!  Totally doable right?!?!  Well, I'm about to find out!  Hopefully it'll be here next week so I can give it a try!  I also got a month's supply of Shakeology.  Figured I'd give it a go.  I hate eating breakfast so this might be a good alternative once school starts back up!

So I did a far from fantastic 3.1 miles today, but it felt GOOD after not running in almost a month!  Was it my fastest 5k?  Well, actually, according to my Garmin it was!  haha  At least the fastest I've done since I've had it!  So that was good!  Still far from where I want to be, but it's a work in progress.

And then, last but not least, AFTER my run today, these two lovelies appeared in my mailbox!


Woohoo!  I got a year's subscription for $5 through a Living Social deal!  And they're totally perfect!  One is a half marathon special issue with everything you need to know to run a half (ummm how perfect!) and the other is about the Boston Marathon (if you didn't know, I'm originally from MA so this totally tugs at my heartstrings).

So yes...I'm back on the running band wagon!  :)  Catch me if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment