Monday, July 22, 2013

Adventures!

So I realize that I've been seriously slacking on this whole blogging thing!  BUT in my defense, I've been crazy busy since my last post!  Here's a quick recap:

4th of July - We spent Wednesday and Thursday night of the Fourth.  We spent the days with his family, hanging out, watching fireworks.  Eating crazy amounts of food!  It was definitely a good time!

We came home for a few days, packed, and then off to the next adventure.

Mexico - We spent 7 glorious days in Playa del Carmen, Mexico!  It was 7 days of paradise!  We had views of the Gulf of Mexico, ate amazing food, drank delicious drinks, and relaxed!  We also went on an amazing excursion to see some of the cenotes that the area is famous for.  Cenotes are basically holes in the ground that lead to underground caves, most filled with water.  We repelled down into one of these caves and the water was SO clear and SO cold!  But it was beautiful!  We also zip lined and snorkeled through these gorgeous caves!  It was SO much fun!  Here's a little glimpse at the fun!

Repelling down through the cenote!

Zip lining above the jungle


Inside the underground caves

Relaxing

View from our room.



You'd think our adventures were done after this!  Nope!  There's more!

B&B - We had purchased a 2 night stay at a bed and breakfast in southern VA last fall.  Well every time we went to use it, they were booked.  So they happened to have 2 night available right after we got back from Mexico.  So we got back on a Monday, did laundry on Tuesday, and left Wednesday and drove 4 hours to get down there.  It was actually a lot of fun!  There was a lot to do down there!  We visited the town that Mayberry from the Andy Griffith show was based off of, his hometown.  It was actually really neat!  And we visited a winery and ate more amazing food.  It was a blast!

So after all of this fun, it's finally time to start cracking down on training since I've been failing miserably with it!  Today I went to the gym and took a Zumba class.  I'm pretty picky about my Zumba classes since I used to be an instructor (still licensed, just not teaching right now).  But this class was the first Zumba class at my gym that I've enjoyed since last summer!  It was fantastic!  I think I'll have to start heading back.  I left dripping in sweat and it felt SO good!  :)  I also walked a half mile before class started to kill the time.  Hoping this can get my butt back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment