Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fitness Survey

So the half marathon training once again got pushed off for the last week for something that held an even more special place in my heart...my little sister's wedding!  It was an absolute blast!  And she was beautiful of course!  We got all prettified together, ate ridiculous amounts of food (umm..hello lobster caught fresh that morning!), and indulged in some drinks.  And running got pushed to the side...again.

Today I had every intention of getting back on the wagon...until I woke up to a downpour and now disgusting humidity.  I can't win!  And with vacation for the next week (helllooooo Mexicoooo!) it'll probably get pushed back AGAIN!  Argh!  So much for being ready for the Diva Half in September!  I need to get my butt in gear!


But in other news, I found this fun Fitness Linkup!  I was exploring some running blogs and came across She Cooks, She Crafts, She Runs and a fun link up that she's got going on today!

1.  What did you eat for breakfast? 
Graham crackers with peanut butter and an iced coffee.  Healthy?  Perhaps not.  Yummy?  Absolutely! :)

2.  How much water do you drink in a day?
I'm not really sure but I KNOW it's not enough!  I'm always being told to drink more water. I go through phases where I'll drink a ton and then barely any.  I need to get better about this.

3.  What is your current favorite workout?
Besides running, Body Pump.  I haven't been in a while but I love it!  And hate it!  All at the same time!

4.  How many calories do you eat a day?
No idea!  I've never been into calorie counting.

5.  What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I so don't do well with healthy.  Does popcorn count as a healthy snack?

6.  What do you usually eat for lunch?
When I was working, a frozen lunch most days...a la Lean Cuisine or something of the likes.  But being on summer vacation has changed that one.  One never knows what I'm going to have for lunch!  Leftovers, a mish mash of what I can find in the cabinet, a sandwich....nothing consistent!

7.  What is your favorite body part to strength train?
I'm going to go with legs.  I think they're the strongest body part I have right now.  Plus I know it'll help me with my running.

8.  What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Arms...they're my least favorite during Body Pump!  I'm such a weakling when it comes to arms!

9.  What are your "bad" food cravings?
Pasta, bread, ice cream....mostly delicious carbs!

10.  Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Nope...I think if you eat right, you should be getting everything you need without taking anything extra.

11.  How often do you eat out?
We try not to eat out too often.  For lunch?  Almost never.  Dinner?  1-2 times a week and it's mostly on the weekends.

12.  How often do you eat fast food?
Does Chipotle count as fast food?  :)  If we're talking McDonalds or Burger King or any of those?  Very rarely and I usually feel disgusting after.  But if we're talking Chipotle or places like that, occasionally.

13.  Who is your biggest supporter?
Definitely the boyfriend! :)  He's pretty fantastic!  He's usually very supportive of anything I do!

14.  Do you have a gym membership?
I do but I've been debating canceling it.  Except for Body Pump, I rarely go.  Looking at alternatives and I'm thinking P90X might be it.

15.  How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
During the summer, like 10!  During the school year, it varied from 7 - 9.  I'm a big fan of sleep!

16.  Do you have a "cheat" day?
Nope...I don't worry too much about it.

17.  Do you drink alcohol?
Sure.  I'll have a few glasses of wine a week usually and occasionally drinks at home on the weekend.  I'm more of a social drinker.

18.  Do you have a workout buddy?
I used to have 2 at the gym!  But not right now.  :(  One moved and switched gyms, the other is on vacation for most of the summer.  And I'm not a huge fan of running with other people.  I like to be able to do my own thing.  It's my "me" time.

19.  What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
I feel better about myself.  I never really lead an entirely unhealthy lifestyle.  But since starting up running and when I was consistently going to the gym, I felt much better about myself and the way I look.

20.  What was the last healthy thing you did?
Hmm...I kinda fell off the bandwagon this last week with all of the wedding festivities!  So I guess it was the last time I ran which feels forever ago!

21.  What are your favorite shoes to work out in?
For running, I love my Reeboks.  I think they're the Freestyles or something like that.  But they're terrible for classes like Zumba!  I end up going back to my older Reeboks...the ones with the little chunky blocks on the sole.  I'm so bad with knowing what kind of sneakers I use!  haha

22.  Photo of your favorite running outfit.
I love the outfit I wore for my first half!  The tank is super light weight and came from Old Navy.  The shorts are Adidas (love the little zipper pocket in the back) and my Boston Bondi Band!  The whole ensemble is light weight and comfy!

That's me on the left!





No comments:

Post a Comment