Sunday, November 24, 2013

Upcoming Races

Hey ya'll!  I've finally started to get back into the swing of working out and have even thrown a bit of running back in there!  I started helping out with the Running Club at the elementary school I work at.  The PE teacher is in charge of the whole thing and it's a great workout!  So far, I've only been able to help out with the kindergarten through grade 2  club and his workouts are intense!  The first time we ran for 12 minutes outside (I ran just over a mile…could have done more but also had to motivate and push the little ones on) and then a Tabata style workout that involved squats, burpees, jumping jacks and more.  The last time we did the whole hour that way….burpees, plank, box jumps, push ups, sprints.  It was hard!  I got an amazing workout!  Apparently the grades 3-6 club is even more intense!  I'm starting to help out at this one this week.

I also went for a 2 mile run last week.  It felt good to get back out there even if it did kind of kick my butt.  I ran with Ben and he runs faster than I do so I was pushing myself.  Plus it was the first time in a long time that I ran a route that involved hills.  It was an eye opener that's for sure!  I need to get training!

I've signed up for 3 more races and I have my eye on a few others.  I signed up for a Snowman Stampede 5k with the girls I ran the last half with.  It'll be fun to run a shorter race!  It also happens to be the race that the Running Club is doing.  So I'll probably end up also running the mile with one of the little cuties and maybe the 5k with an older runner who needs a buddy.  I also signed up for the Rock N Roll America half in DC with the girls in March.  In June, I'll head home to MA for the Runner's World Heartbreak Half in Boston!  I'm REALLY looking forward to this one!  A friend from high school is going to run it with me and a coworker is also going to join me on the trip up north!  We'll probably also sign up for the Ocean City Half in April.  I'm looking for two shorter races to do with my sister when I'm home at Christmas and Thanksgiving.  We have our eye on one for the Saturday after Thanksgiving and one called the Hangover Classic!  


Have you signed up for any races lately?  Which ones do you have your eye on?

No comments:

Post a Comment