Monday, June 10, 2013

I Miss Running?

Wow!  Never thought I'd say those words!

I decided after the half to take a week off to let my body recover.  My knees and quads were pretty sore the day after, but by Tuesday I was feeling pretty good again!  This week I'm starting up my running again (except lucky me this afternoon and tonight call for severe weather so it gets pushed back one more day).  And I never thought I'd say this, but I've actually missed running!  I can't wait to get back out there and start adding on those miles again!

And not only that, but I've signed up for my second half!  I just couldn't resist!  So my next big race will be in September.  I'm running the Diva Half Marathon!   I'm so excited for this one!  Who doesn't love getting spoiled with tiaras, boas, roses, glasses of champagne, and a super huge, sparkly medal!?!? :)  The coolest part is that it's the very first Diva race to be held in the Washington, DC area!  I signed up with a co-worker who also ran the VA Wine Country Half and my boyfriend's cousin, who needed motivation to get back in shape.  It should be a fun time!

Since I was able to finish the VA Wine Country Half in 2:26, I'm hoping for a 2:20 finish.  Hopefully the middle of September will mean cooler race temps.  It was ridiculously hot!  The course should be pretty similar.  It starts and ends at a different winery than the other one, but it's in the same general area.  At least this time I'll know how hilly it is!  The site actually says that the course only has 2 areas of uphill climbs, but I'm still going in prepared! :)

In the meantime, instead of running, I'll sit and watch these crazy storms run through!

No comments:

Post a Comment